Warranty, Returns, Refunds
When you order from RefurbConnect, we make absolutely certain that you’re happy with our products and service. In fact, your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you’re less than a 100% pleased with an order, our return/refund/exchange policy couldn’t be simpler.
We stand behind every piece of restored equipment we deliver and offer some of the most comprehensive warranties in the industry—so you can be as confident in our products as we are.
Start a return here, or reach out to us directly at (888) 204-1725 or support@RefurbConnect.com
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with your RefurbConnect purchase (or you simply had a change of heart), send it back to us. We get it. It happens. Nearly all of our items come with a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee for exactly this reason. Not happy with an order? Send it back within 30 days and we’ll issue a full refund. Guaranteed, no questions.
Not-so-fine print: if something’s wrong with your order, shipping’s on us. Product is perfect but you changed your mind about wanting it? You pay shipping costs.
All we ask is that the equipment is in the same condition as when you got it, packaged in its original box; and all paperwork, parts, and accessories are included. After receiving and verifying the device and all included items, we will fully refund your order within 5 business days.
In the highly unlikely case of a product not carrying a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee, it will be clearly noted on the Product Details page in your Shopping Cart.
90-Day Limited Replacement Warranty
From refurbished laptops to office printers and everything in between, we cover nearly all of our products with a 90-Day Limited Replacement Warranty. If the device you purchased from RefurbConnect.com is damaged during delivery, or the hardware we installed is not performing as it should, we got you covered and will repair or replace it. Simple as that. And just so we’re on the same page, hardware is any physical component of the device. Great examples of hardware: motherboard, hard drive, RAM, graphics card, keyboard. The warranty also covers any issue resulting from the operating system installed by RefurbConnect, such as Microsoft Windows or macOS/iOS. We don’t cover any software or issues resulting from software installed by the client.
If within 90 days of delivery your device isn’t working right and hardware (or the software we installed) is the culprit, RefurbConnect will, at our discretion:
(1) replace the device
(2) repair the device
(3) provide the necessary parts to repair the device
(4) replace the device with a comparable machine
Any replacement parts will be in the same condition as the original when shipped, and equal in function and performance. Replacement parts are warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period. If the item was new and for any reason we cannot replace the part, a refund will be offered.
If there is a hardware issue with a device covered under the 90-Day Warranty, but for any reason we cannot replace or repair it, we will refund your purchase price minus shipping and other non-product related expenses.
In the unlikely case of a product not carrying a 90-day limited warranty, it will be clearly noted on the Product Detail page in your Shopping Cart.
RefurbConnect accepts returns of any new, factory-sealed and unopened products, with original tags, within 30 days of delivery. If opened, the item may be returned within 90 days for store credit or refund minus a restocking fee of 20% of the original selling price and shipping cost. In this case the customer is responsible for shipping fees and arrangements.
What’s Not Covered
(1) Any product on RefurbConnect.com that does not come with a warranty. This will be specifically and explicitly noted in the Product Details section and in your Shopping Cart.
(2) Damage caused by the customer. We know it was an accident, but we don’t cover client-created damage caused by, but not limited to: spills, drops, knocks, kicks, using the device as a coaster, fire, fireworks, misuse, repair attempts, etc.
(3) RefurbConnect gift cards. We love that somebody got you such a thoughtful and environmentally friendly gift, but we do not refund the value of it.
Taking Care of Business
Our business clients benefit from a standard one-year warranty. And to make sure the workflow keeps on flowing, we offer advance replacement, which means that if there is an issue, your replacement device is on its way to you immediately—no need to wait until we have confirmed your return. Once you receive the replacement unit, simply put the faulty device in the packaging the replacement came in, and stick on the return label we emailed. Once that’s done, just let the RefurbConnect team know and we’ll even schedule a pick-up. It couldn’t be easier.
Looking for longer-term peace of mind? We offer businesses two- and three-year extended warranties.
Return and Warranty Details
(1) If an item does not carry a 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee or a 90-Day Limited Warranty, it will be clearly noted beside the item on the Product Details page in your Shopping Cart.
(2) Items must be returned within 30 days of the date ordered to be eligible for a no-questions-asked return and refund.
(3) If due to a change of heart you decide to return a fully functioning device—be it within 30 or 90 days of delivery—shipping, handling, and other expenses beyond the product price are non-refundable.
(4) If an item arrives damaged, please take the following steps to open a claim with the shipping carrier and ensure you receive the proper reimbursement:
1. Take clear pictures of the package/box and damages before you open it.
2. Take pictures of the item after you open the package/box.
3. Contact us immediately by logging into your account at refurbconnect.com.
(5) We will issue your refund within 5 days of receiving and verifying your returned product, in the same form of payment originally used for purchase. The time it takes for your account to reflect the refund will partially depend on your credit card company and the processing time on their end. If your refund seems to be taking a bit long to get to you, please check with your bank and/or credit card company first. Having done that, if you still have questions, please contact our customer support team.
(6) Returns must include all original items including, but not limited to: diskettes, flash drives/USB devices, keyboards, mice, power cords, software, documentation, and any other items provided with your purchase.
(7) Unless you’re returning a damaged or defective device within 30 days of its delivery, shipping charges must be prepaid for all returns.
(8) We highly recommend obtaining a tracking number and shipping insurance to avoid the risk of liability for items damaged or lost in transit, especially when sending devices that have a value greater than $75.
(9) To protect our customers from potential fraudulent activity, we may ask for a proof of purchase when reviewing a return.
(10) We know it says “Lenovo” on that awesome refurbished laptop you got from RefurbConnect… but in case you have to return it, please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
(11) In some unique and special cases, we will help our customers by providing a partial refund.
(12) If you return an item that was marked as a gift by the purchaser, you’ll receive a RefurbConnect gift card in the amount of your return, upon our receiving and verifying the device. If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to them to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver (and they will know that you returned the device).
(13) Needless to say, an item shipping to New Zealand may take longer to get there than one going to New Jersey, for example.
Damaged or Defective Items
If you receive a damaged or defective item, please take clear photos of the box/package, the damaged or defective device, and reach out to us immediately by logging into your account at www.refurbconnect.com. Through our contact us page, please supply your order number, item number, and tracking number from your original confirmation e-mail. Please make sure to have the e-mail address and phone number you used to register handy. We will gladly guide you step by step through the return process.